4. 2 World Rowing Championship and Rowing World Cup regattas – All
times shown on the result sheets and on the scoreboard shall be taken
from the photo-finish for all the crews in the race.
5. Photo-finish – In the case of a close finish the Judge at the Finish shall
determine the order of finish by viewing the picture produced by the photo-finish system. If the Judge at the Finish is not able to determine the order
of finish between two or more crews then the result will be declared as a
dead heat between the crews involved. The necessary equipment shall
be operated by specialists who do not form part of the team of Judges at
the Finish. Systems using less than 100 frames per second are not suitable
for determining the order of finish. Organisers must provide equipment
specially designed for the purpose.
Rule 94 – Control Commission
the control commission shall ensure that the composition of the crews
is correct and that their equipment is in order. it shall also assist in the
identification of the rowers required to undergo doping tests after their race.
Bye-Laws to Rule 94 – Duties of the Control Commission
The organising committee shall appoint the members of the Control Commission
taking into account the regatta programme and the number of competitors.
FISA (at FISA Events) or the appropriate national federation (at International
regattas) shall supervise the activities of the Commission which shall carry out
its duties in the boathouse area and at the boat stages. In particular, the Control
Commission is responsible for checking the following points:
1. Crew changes before the race;
2. The provision of substitutes for competitors who have fallen ill bet ween heats
of a race;
3. Weighing of coxswains;
4. Dead weight to be carried by coxswains (before and after the race);
5. Weighing of competitors in lightweight events;
6. Classification of competitors where necessary;
7. The nationality of competitors, the ages of Junior, Under 23 and Masters
competitors and, where applicable, the average ages of Masters crews;
8. Boats and equipment: